It’s Lime Time
It’s time for a recipe, and with the temperature heating up here’s a cool recipe to beat that heat . . .
I found this recipe some time back—I don’t know where I got it and I’ve seen it floating around the internet—but it’s great and a family favorite:
Punchy Lime Pie
By Esther Hopper
- 2 cups soaked & drained almonds
- 2 cups soaked & drained pecans
- 2 cups dates
- About 6 medium bananas
- The juice from 5 key limes (regular limes will also work)
- About 1 tsp vanilla
- Blend crust ingredients together in a food processor, and press it onto the bottom and sides of a 9” pie plate or spring form cake pan.
- Blend filling ingredients in a blender, Vitamix, or food processor and pour the filling into the crusted pan.
- Freeze it until solid.
Find a cool place in the shade and enjoy a slice!